Top 9 Steps To Apply For Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
The Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana was launched in the year 2016 to provide financial aid at concessional rates of Interest.to students residing in Bihar only for pursuing higher education. Every Year, the Bihar Government updates this scheme for the benefit of students.
Here are the Top 9 Steps to Apply for Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
Table of Contents
What is Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana ? Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Kya Hai ?
On the 2nd of October 2016, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, the Government of Bihar launched The Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana under Mukhyamanti Nischay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojana (MNSSBY). This credit card scheme is applicable for students residing in Bihar only . The scheme provides financial aid to pursue higher education courses by offering loans at concessional interest rates.
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Salient Features
The Salient Features of Bihar Student Credit Card are as follows :
- Sanctioned Loan Amount: Till 4 lakhs
- Nominal Rate of Interest @1% per annum for Girls/Persons with disabilities and Transgenders
- Nominal Rate of Interest @4% per annum for Boy students
- No Collateral Security or Third Party Guarantee
- Loans available for technical, professional and vocational courses and general courses
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Loan Repayment
Loan repayment terms of the BSCC yojana are:
- Exemption from paying interest on the loan during a moratorium period of one year after completing the course or for a duration of 6 months after securing employment, whichever comes first.
- No Prepayment penalties or charges if the loan is repaid before the stipulated due date
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Eligibility
The following students are eligible for the scheme :
- Students should be 25 years of age or more
- Students /Parents/Legal guardian should be a resident/domiciled in the state of Bihar
- Completed Class XII from a recognised Board in Bihar/CBSE
- Proof of Enrolment in higher studies in educational institutions located in Bihar or outside states in India
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Application Documents
The following documents are required for application:
- Aadhaar cards of the applicant and co-applicant
- Two passport-size photographs of the applicant and co-applicant, such as parents/spouse/guardian
- Mark sheet and certificate of Class X and Class XII
- Certificates related to scholarship and free education (if applicable)
- Institute enrollment certificate in which the course and its duration are mentioned
- Course brochure for the institution located outside Bihar
- Photocopy of the applicant’s bank passbook, in which the name of the branch, account number, and IFSC code are mentioned
- Course fee details received from the institution
- Photocopy of a residential certificate or the first page of a bank passbook/electricity bill/telephone bill/ passport/driver’s license/voter ID card
- Address of Applicant should be clearly mentioned in all the certificates
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Income tax return certificate for the last two years
- Income certificate of the last year/Form 16
- Tax receipt
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Expenses Coverage
The scheme covers the following expenses :
- Academic costs such as tuition fees, exam fees, etc
- Non academic costs such as hostel fees, food expenses, educational material, Computers/Laptops, etc
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Login Process For Online Application
Students can apply online by logging on to the official site of this scheme. The URL of the portal is https://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in.
A student needs to follow the following steps to apply online:
- When the portal opens, locate and select the New Application Registration option.
- Fill the boxes with relevant information for registration .
- Click send OTP and it will send a one-time password to the registered mobile number or email ID
- Generate a unique ID and password and complete the registration process.
- Click Home Page.
- login to the website using the accurate credentials received via SMS/email.
- Set a new strong password and make a fresh login with your new password.
- Enter the details asked in the fields and click Submit.
- From the Select Scheme drop-down list, select Bihar Student Credit Card option
- Now enter personal information of self and the co-applicant
- Once all required details are provided, Click the Submit button.
- Acknowledgement will be received at the registered email address.
Students can also log on to the student portal https://www.bsefcl.bihar.gov.in to view details of all data entered for loan application.
For any Technical support or tracking of loan applications, students can contact the toll free Bihar student credit card helpline number at 1800-3456-444
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana Course List
Students applying under Bihar credit card yojana can get loans against credit card for studying 129 courses as on date.These courses include undergraduate and postgraduate streams in leather, fashion and textile design. Four-year courses of Bachelor of Agriculture, Master of Agriculture, B.Ed., MBA in Agri Business and BBM (four-year course), M.Sc. A. Mass Communication, MSc Statics and Computing. Vocational Courses are also being covered in all subjects related to Medical Electrophysiology, Science Technology, ITI and Skills under the scheme
To get a list of approved courses ,Students need to Click on https://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana College List
There are more than 2700 colleges approved under the Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana. Out of these 869 colleges are in Bihar, 225 colleges are in New Delhi and 121 colleges are in Uttar-Pradesh which have NAAC, NBA and NIRF rankings.
To get a list of approved colleges ,Students need to follow the steps as illustrated below :
- A list of colleges will appear on a new page
- Click on “Select district” and check the college for details
Under the Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana ,
- Rs 756.49 crores have been sanctioned and disbursed to 36167 applicants as loans in the Financial Year 2021-22
- Rs 628.80 crores have been sanctioned and disbursed to 36924 students as loans during the period April 2022 to September 2022
- A target has been set to disburse loans to one lakh students in Financial year 2022-23 and one lakh fifty thousand students in the current Financial year 2023-24