Top 9 Steps To Apply For West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021
On 30th June 2021, The Government of West Bengal launched The West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021. This credit card scheme has been designed to enable students residing in West Bengal to provide financial aid to pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies including professional medical, engineering and other higher education degrees within the state and outside by providing loans at concessional interest rates
Here are the Top 9 steps to apply for West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021
Table of Contents- Frequently Asked Questions
What is West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021
On 30th June 2021, The Government of West Bengal launched The Student Credit Card Scheme This credit card scheme has been designed to enable students residing in West Bengal to provide financial aid to pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies including professional medical, engineering and other higher education degrees within the state and outside by providing loans at concessional interest rates
The Key Features of the Scheme are :
- Eligible for Students residing in West Bengal only
- Sanctioned Loan Amount: Up to 10 lakhs
- Nominal Rate of Interest @4% per annum
- No Collateral Security or Third Party Guarantee
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021 Loan Repayment Terms
The Loan repayment terms of the scheme are:
- Loan to be repaid within 15 years including a moratorium period of 1 year
- Students can avail of additional Interest concession @1% if interest is paid in full during the study period
- Girl students can avail additional interest concession @0.5%
- No Prepayment penalty or charges if the loan is repaid before the stipulated due date
West Bengal Student Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme are :
- Students /Parents/Legal guardian resident/domiciled in West Bengal for a minimum period of 10 years preceding the date of application. Self-declaration is accepted.
- Completion of Class IX from a recognised Board in West Bengal
- Proof of Enrolment in higher studies/research in India or abroad in educational institutes
- The upper Age Limit must be 40 years at the time of application
West Bengal Student Credit Card Application Documents
The following documents are required for application:
- Proof of Address ( Aadhar Card/ Ration Card/Voter ID Card )
- Pan Card of Borrower and Co-Borrower
- Coloured Passport size photograph of Borrower and Co-borrower
- Self-declaration for proof of Residence as per the prescribed format
- Class 10 Board registration certificate
- Course Fee/Tuition fee details of the relevant higher education institution
- Educational Institution Admission Receipt
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021 Expenses Coverage
A student can be meet the following expenses under the scheme :-
Course fees payable to the School/College/ University / Professional Institutes/coaching institute where the student is enrolled for appearing in entrance examination for admission in medical/engineering/law courses or for appearing in UPSC/PSC/SSC etc. This will include tuition fee, fees payable for caution deposit/ building fund /refundable deposit/examination/library/laboratory fees to be supported by Institution’s bills/ receipts.
Fees required for accommodation in hostel or rent/license fees payable for living outside the hostel or fees required for living as a Paying guest, cost of purchasing books/Computer/Laptop/Tablet/Equipment etc
Any other expense required required to complete the course such as study tours , project works, thesis etc.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme College List
More than 2000 colleges and institutions are approved in West Bengal and outside states under the West Bengal Credit Card Scheme. More than 900 of these colleges are located within the state of West Bengal. Rest are scattered throughout the country These colleges and institutions offer various undergraduate/postgraduate/doctoral and other higher education diplomas and degrees in medicine, engineering and other educational streams. Madrasah education is also provided under the scheme and a list of madrasah colleges approved under the scheme is also mentioned in the portal.
A comprehensive list of colleges and institutions affiliated under the scheme can be obtained from the portal https://wbscc.wb.gov.in
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Bank List
A total of 36 banks have been authorised to process applications under the West Bengal Credit Card Scheme. Students have to download the bank forms from the respective bank sites and proceed with the application process. Students are advised to refer to the portal https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/Bank_Forms for details .
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Login Process for Online Application
Students can apply online by logging on to the official site of this scheme. The URL of the scheme portal is https://wbscc.wb.gov.in.After Logging in, a student needs to follow the steps as mentioned :
- Enter the Registration option
- Generate a unique ID and password by providing an email address which will be sent to the student’s mobile number. This unique ID and password need to be used for submission of the application and all future references and queries for loan at the web portal
- Log in to your account using the credentials you just created.
- Fill Out the Application Form
- Complete the online application form with accurate and up-to-date information. Make sure to enter all the required details, including personal information, educational details, and financial information.
- Scan or photograph your supporting documents and upload them as per the specified format and size limits. Commonly required documents include an Aadhar card, bank account details, admission letter, and academic records.
- Carefully review all the information you provided in the application form and attached documents. Ensure that everything is accurate.
- Click the “Submit” or “Apply” button on the website to submit your application.
After submitting your application, it will be reviewed by the relevant authorities. They may contact you for additional information or verification if necessary. If your application is approved, you will receive a Student Credit Card with the specified credit limit. You will also receive information about how to use the card and repay the borrowed amount . Please stay informed about the repayment schedule and make payments on time to avoid penalties or interest charges.
Students can also refer to the User Manual by referring to the link https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/StudentManual.pdf